Indiana University East (Richmond, IN) invites applications for a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor of Political Science/Public Administration to begin August 2018 with possible conversion to lecturer or tenure track at a future date depending upon degree and experience. The successful candidate will be broadly trained in Political Science with a primary specialty in Public Administration. We are open to candidates with a variety of substantive teaching and research interests regardless of subfield, though we prefer applicants with an expertise in American Politics, Latin American Politics, or Western European Politics. The visiting assistant professor will design innovative face-to-face and online courses in our undergraduate Political Science program and at least one course per semester in a proposed Executive Masters of Public Administration. Teaching responsibilities include three courses per semester. In addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, faculty conduct research, mentor students in professional development, and participate in department, campus, or university level service.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities :
- Teach courses offered online and in-person, including undergraduate courses in Political Science and graduate courses in Public Administration (including personnel management in public organizations and public budgeting and finance) based upon faculty expertise and departmental needs. Preference will be given to applicants with online teaching experience.
- Communicate subject matter clearly, correctly and effectively. Use methods, materials, and technology appropriate to the subject matter.
- Manage the learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school and campus academic policies.
- Develop a professional rapport with diverse populations within the university and community.
- Participate in service activities based upon faculty expertise and departmental or school need.
- A PhD (or other terminal degree) in Political Science, Public Administration, or Public Policy.
- Experience in teaching online or ability to do so within one semester is required.
- Commitment to high quality graduate and undergraduate teaching.
Department Contact for Questions
Human Resource Generalist
Indiana University East
firstname.lastname@example.orgSalary and Rank
Salary is commensurate with experience. The University offers an excellent benefit package. For more information, please click here.
Expected Start Date: 08/01/2018
OAA #: EA-2018-09