Responsibilities include teaching introductory courses and upper division courses for undergraduates; conducting research; and providing service to the university, college, and department. Candidates should be firmly committed to working collegially in a small undergraduate-only department. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching and research interests in global political economy.
- Ph.D. in Political Science
- Area of specialization in International Relations
- Demonstrated record of teaching or potential for teaching excellence of both lower and upper division courses for undergraduates.
- Broad training in the field with strong liberal arts background.
- Research that uses critical, interpretative and/or historical approaches.
- Demonstrated record or potential in teaching U.S. National Government.
- Demonstrated record or potential in teaching Fundamentals of Politics.
- Demonstrated record or potential in teaching Global Issues
- Demonstrated record or potential in teaching International Political Economy.
- Demonstrated record or potential in teaching International Law and Organization.
- Demonstrated record or potential in teaching Globalization.
- Demonstrated record or potential in teaching U.S. Foreign Policy.
- Demonstrated record or potential in teaching War and Peace.
- Demonstrated record or potential in teaching Russian Politics.
- Demonstrated record or potential in teaching senior seminars.
- Demonstrated record or potential in advising majors, pre-law undergraduates and legal studies minors, and internships.
- Demonstrated record or potential in developing student learning outcomes and managing assessment reports.
- Demonstrated record or interest in developing a research agenda related to global political economy.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants should complete the electronic application form at careers.unco.edu/ and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, sample syllabi, teaching evaluations, and a writing sample.
Additional information about the position is available from Professor Christiane Olivo, Search Committee Chair, email@example.com.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits available include health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as a selection of several defined contribution retirement programs. Dependents and spouses of UNCEmployees who are employed as 0.5 FTE or above are entitled to and eligible for Dependent Tuition Grants. These tuition grants will cover in-state tuition charges. Further requirements may exist. Other benefits may be available based on position.
Additional Requirements :
Satisfactory completion of a background check, educational check, and authorization to work in the United States is required after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The successful candidate must submit original transcripts within one (1) month of hire.