Iona College’s Criminal Justice Department has growing and thriving undergraduate and graduate programs with special areas including: security threat assessment and forensic criminology, law enforcement & security, corrections & community-based corrections and community/restorative justice courses. Faculty members are expected to teach four (4) classes each semester and are expected to pursue an active research agenda grants & publications as well as meeting college service obligations department, campus-wide, and community.
- A doctorate in criminal justice or criminology.
- Candidate should have substantial college level teaching experience and enjoy collaborative initiatives.
- Preferred qualifications include: graduate teaching experience, practical expertise in the field, research and scholarly writings/research.
- Competitive ABD applicants will be considered if receipt of degree is by August 2017.
- Preferred candidates will provide evidence of potential for effective teaching, research initiatives/agenda and scholarly engagements.
Applications will be received until the position is filled and should include a:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- statement of teaching philosophy
- reference list with contact information for three individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s scholarly achievements and teaching potential
Iona College, a highly accredited liberal arts institution of academic excellence, seeks to grow our diverse community of learners, scholars and staff located at our scenic 45-acre campus in New Rochelle, just 20 minutes north of midtown Manhattan, and at our satellite programs at the Rockland Graduate Center and Rockefeller Center. At Iona we are committed to educating lifelong learners in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and American Catholic higher education. We prepare our 3,300 undergraduates and 600 graduate students with career-ready skills and success in all facets of their lives by nurturing the values of justice, peace and service. Our continued success depends on attracting and retaining a highly motivated, results-oriented and talented team. Learn more about what makes us unique: review our Mission, Vision & Values, our stories in the media and our compelling benefits. Join the Iona College team and partner with us as we Move the World!
Iona College is committed to attracting and supporting a staff and faculty of women and men that fully represents the racial, ethnic and cultural diversity of the nation and our institution; as a result, we actively seek applications from individuals of all backgrounds and beliefs.