Eastern Gateway Community College invites applications for a full-time Foreign Language faculty position, teaching Spanish. The location of this position is on the Steubenville campus of Eastern Gateway Community College.
Eastern Gateway Community College offers a generous benefit package including medical, vision, dental, short term disability and long term disability, and life insurances as well as earned vacation and sick leave. The salary for this position is commensurate with the EGCCEA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Essential Responsibilities of this position:
- This position will teach, assess, and develop courses in Spanish and may be required to teach other related courses.
- Position requires excellent teaching skills and the ability to interact effectively with students in the classroom and as an academic advisor.
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and course and program development and experience using instructional technology is required.
- Ability to use a variety of instructional strategies to support and motivate students is expected.
- Applicants must be willing to teach day, evening, or weekend classes.
- The position may also serve as Program Director.
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university recognized by the US Department of Education or CHEA or demonstrates Spanish as a native language AND 2-3 years teaching experience and/or work experience.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Spanish plus 3-5 years teaching experience and/or work experience.
- Preferred: Experience in online/distance education
Salary is based on the collective bargaining agreement for a 10-month contract, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Base salary does not include compensation for teaching beyond a full-time schedule or for summer sessions. Additional compensation will be provided for such duties. Excellent paid benefits.
Resumes, along with the names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least five professional references, should be sent to:
Human Resources Department
Eastern Gateway Community College
4000 Sunset Boulevard
Steubenville, OH 43952
For those wishing to send their materials electronically, please send to email@example.com
Internal applicants should include an employee ID number in their letter of intent.
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.