The Cedarville University Department of English, Literature, and Modern Languages invites applications for a full-time position as a faculty in Spanish. The position is responsible for teaching all levels of Spanish as well as the Methods of Teaching Spanish courses. Experience teaching TESOL highly desirable. Expectations include academic advising, professional development, scholarly activity in the field, university service, and a formal paper on Biblical integration of faith, learning, and teaching. Friendly, supportive, motivated department. We place a high priority on integrity, collegiality, and rigor in the classroom.
This position is subject to the University’s verification of credentials along with other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval.
- Ph.D. preferred; M.A. in Spanish plus a minimum of 3 years teaching considered
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Documented successful teaching experience
- Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University’s doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards
All official inquiries should be directed to John Davis ( firstname.lastname@example.org, 937-766-7418), Director of Academic Human Resource Services. Specific questions related to the position should be directed to Dr. Melissa Faulkner ( email@example.com), Chair, Department of English, Literature and Modern Languages.
Apply Now! ( www.cedarville.edu/jobs)
Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer