MMCC seeks individuals who: value collegiality and mutual respect; use data in decision making; are innovative; are service minded; are goal-oriented; strive to continually improve themselves and their work processes; are willing to collaborate and seek to add value in every interaction.
This position involves teaching the range of courses within Sociology in the classroom, online, or in a dual-enrollment environment. Assignments could be on both campuses, with both day and night courses.
**Review of applications will begin on March 26, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled. **
- Teach assigned courses.
- Develop and update syllabi, according to departmental course objectives, for courses assigned.
- Lead the department’s assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Maintain and report appropriate classroom records: g., grades, attendance, etc.
- Work collaboratively with other departmental faculty on projects aimed at assessing and improving student learning.
- Hold office hours for assisting students.
- Participate in adjunct faculty development.
- Maintain regular communication with Library and Learning Services staff.
- Attend, facilitate, and/or lead departmental meetings and in-service programs within the department and college-wide.
- Support and serve as a role model for our mission, vision, and student service initiatives. Adhere to the policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines of the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of course content and objectives.
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver course content/objectives and facilitate an effective learning environment for students to maximize their success.
- Knowledge of computer and educational technology and ability to effectively integrate technology into the classroom and in an online environment.
- Ability to work within the online learning platform.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a close, collaborative manner with other faculty and administration.
Education, Certification, Licensure:
- Master’s degree in Sociology required.
- Two years of teaching experience at the college level required.
- Previous experience in a community college environment preferred.
- Experience with online instruction, working with dual enrollment students, and international students is preferred.
Mid Michigan Community College