Plymouth State University (PSU) is a vibrant regional comprehensive university that combines a heritage of teaching excellence with innovation in research and in community engagement. Plymouth State University, located in the scenic heart of the Lakes Region and White Mountains of New Hampshire, has approximately 4,300 undergraduate students and 2,300 graduate students.
The Social Work Department invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position beginning August 2018. Rank will be negotiable at either the assistant or the associate level based on academic credentials and experience. The CSWE-accredited BSW program (reaffirmed until 2023) seeks dynamic colleague committed to teaching excellence, student development, and scholarship. The program’s mission is to prepare generalist practitioners with the ability to respect human diversity, use a strengths-based approach to intervention, and promote social and economic justice. There are minors in Child and Family Studies and Gerontology. The program encourages creativity and initiative and provides a strong, supportive environment for growth and development.
Duties & Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate policy and macro-practice courses in the following areas: Addictions, Oppression and Diversity, Health & Society, Aging, and/or Practice with Organizations & Communities.
- Ph.D. or DSW in Social work or a closely related field (ABD candidates will be considered but must have completed the doctorate by the time of appointment) AND a Master’s degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited program
- At least two years of social work practice experience
- Demonstrated teaching/training experience at the university level
- Evidence of ability to engage in scholarship and professional/community service
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Two or more years of post-master’s employment experience as a social worker
- Evidence of one or more specialty areas such as macro practice, addictions, or aging.
- Willingness to engage with academic technology and online teaching and learning
Application: To receive full consideration, apply online at http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/28132
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following requested documents at the time of application:
Letter of Application, describing qualifications
Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Three (3) current written letters of recommendation *
Copies of graduate transcripts*
Examples of scholarly activity
- Request for recommendation letters are automated and will be sent out at the time application. Applicants will be required to provide contact name and email address for references. For applicants who prefer to use Interfolio, please follow this link for instructions. https://help.interfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/203701096-Upload-Letters-to-an-Online-Application-System
Application Deadline: Review of applications will continue until the position is filled or the search is otherwise closed at the University’s discretion.
Background Check: The finalist for this position will be required to undergo a full background check. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon satisfactory results.
Benefits and Salary: PSU provides a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and offers a comprehensive benefit program.