Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for Social Work Field Placement Coordinator. This is a full-time, exempt position with the rank of Assistant Professor working closely with the Social Work Program Coordinator and the Chair of the Sciences Division.
As the Field Placement Coordinator your responsible will be the administration of the BSW Field Education Program. The Coordinator provides leadership in the development and implementation of field curriculum, the supervision of field faculty and professional staff, collaborates with field agencies, and interacts with other schools of Social Work having local, regional, and national field education standards and policies. The Coordinator assures the appropriate educational processes are implemented that support student learning. The Coordinator leads efforts to recruit, develop, and provide ongoing support to field instructors and field agency sites.
- Teach undergraduate social work courses.
- 25% release time for duties as Social Work Field Placement Coordinator. Some travel is required.
- Document integration of competencies in Field Experience and ensure clear curricular integration of classroom learning.
- Collaborate with community partners to develop appropriate field placement sites.
- Serve as Social Work student advisor.
- Assist with the self-study process for accreditation, including assessment of student learning.
- Work collaboratively within the Division of Science.
- Serve on various committees in the University.
- Engage in service to the community and to the profession.
- Engage in activities designed to recruit potential Social Work students.
- Additional duties as needed and assigned.
- Master in Social Work from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited program required
- At least two years post Bachelor of Social Work practice experience.
- Experience in teaching, curriculum development, and CSWE accreditation preferred.
- Passion for teaching, scholarship, and service
- A collaborative and collegial spirit.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/employment/.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.