Anticipated Start Date: Spring/Summer 2018
Summary: Regis College is actively seeking a Director for the Online Bachelor of Social Work Program in the School of Health Sciences. Qualified applicants will have an MSW, an earned doctorate in social work or in a related field and three years college or university experience teaching Social Work at a CSWE accredited program. Experience with online programs is preferred, but not required. A passion for excellence with gentleness, a commitment to diversity, collaboration and innovation, and positive energy are fundamental to this position. This position includes administration of the program, teaching, scholarship, and community service. Rank commensurate with previous teaching experience, past scholarly achievement, and service.
This is a twelve-month position.
- Budget development, scheduling classes, staffing courses, meeting with faculty and students, working to maintain accreditation, providing leadership for the program, and assisting faculty in professional development activities.
- Participate in maintining the accreditation of the BSW program
- Teach bachelor level courses in social work.
- Assessment of all curriculum and faculty in the online program.
- Engage in scholarly activity appropriate to the discipline such as publishing, presenting at national, regional, and local conferences, conducting research and/or grant writing and related activities.
- All roles and responsibilities associated with a full-time faculty appointment, including teaching, scholarship and service to the Department, Programs, School and Institution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Candidates Must Possess:
- An MSW and earned doctorate in social work or in a related field
- Minimum two years of social work experience post-MSW in a direct practice, community practice, or clinical setting.
- Must have experience with CSWE accreditation.
- Needs to be experienced with program assessment and evaluation.
- Three years college or university experience teaching Social Work at a CSWE accredited program.
- Excellent administrative/organizational abilities
- Record of innovation, leadership, and application of best practices in online social work education as well as contributions to the field through scholarship, grant writing, program review participation
- Experience launching, leading, or participating in online programs preferred
- Teaching experience in an online environment preferred
In employment, as in education, Regis College, is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Application materials should include a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Health Sciences
235 Wellesley St
Weston, MA 0249