PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Seminole State College in the most positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and other clients of our services. Learn and adhere to the policies and procedures of Seminole State College.
- Uphold the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning; and SSC’s C.O.R.E Four: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Follow Seminole State College Board Policy, SSC Procedures Manual, Faculty Handbook, Student Handbook, and divisional policies and procedures.
- Engage students in assigned courses while displaying professionalism, subject matter expertise, and teaching skills.
- Provide timely opportunities for student consultation through office hours and campus learning management system (LMS).
- Utilize the SSC LMS for each course including, but not limited to the posting of syllabi, grades, attendance, and communication with students.
- Participate in syllabus construction, curriculum development, and textbook selection as assigned. Utilize the adopted textbook(s) for each course assigned. Utilize the division course syllabus, curriculum and materials when provided.
- Maintain accurate classroom records including syllabi, grades, and attendance.
- Submit required forms and reports such as course embedded assessment results and grades within the prescribed time frame.
- Represent the college and the division through participation in division, campus, community, and professional activities.
- Serve as a faculty advisor for students and as a Degree Program Mentor.
- Participate in the faculty peer mentoring program.
- Attend division, department, and program meetings.
- Participate regularly in professional development activities including, but not limited to, Fall In-Service.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide division current contact information (email and cell and/or home telephone).
- Respond to all email and voicemail in a timely manner.
- Assist in student recruitment.
- Communicate with Division Chair and Division Office Manager as soon as possible regarding class plans in your absence.
- Continue to develop skills and knowledge base through professional development.
- Actively participate in community activities, organizations, or services within the five-county service area.
- Participate in the tenure application process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Master’s Degree in the teaching field is required. A Ph.D. in the teaching field is preferred. A Master’s Degree with a minimum of 18 hours of graduate-level coursework in the teaching field may be acceptable.
- A minimum of three (3) years teaching experience at the college or high school level is preferred.
- Faculty should be knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office (proficient with PowerPoint and Word) and have a working knowledge of instructional technology (i.e. SmartBoard and LMS).
- Faculty are expected to belong to professional organizations and are encouraged to attend and present at professional conferences within the discipline.
- Faculty must have a working home phone or cell phone with voice mail or email for instances in which the Division Chair or other administrators need to contact the faculty member beyond the scheduled work hours.
Application review will begin immediately. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits provided by the college include Oklahoma Teachers’ Retirement, group health and dental insurance, and life insurance equivalent to two times annual salary. A tax-sheltered annuity wherein the college contributes 3.5% of any employee’s annual salary is available after one year of employment. Employment is subject to successful completion of a background check. The filling of this position is contingent on the budget.
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, copies of all academic transcripts and three professional letters of recommendation to
Seminole State College
2701 Boren Blvd
Seminole, OK 74868