Job ID: 1868
Lecturer, non-tenure-track, full-time. Beginning Fall 2018. AOS: Open. AOC: Open, but with the ability to teach Critical Thinking. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will involve teaching nine courses during the 2018-2019 academic year (three per quarter), all of which will be introductory, general education courses.
- MA in Philosophy or related field
- Demonstrated potential for teaching excellence at the undergraduate level.
- PhD in Philosophy
- University-level teaching experience
- Experience or willingness to teach online courses
Pay & Work Schedule
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience, in accordance with the minimum salaries set by the Collective Bargaining Agreement
Appointment: Full-time Non- Tenure Track, 9-month Appointment. Additional Summer teaching may be available. Position may be renewed beyond one year.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance.
Additional Information: For additional information about the University, visit : http://www.cwu.edu
For additional information about Ellensburg, visit: http://www.myellensburg.com OR http://www.kittitascountychamber.com
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Curriculum Vitae including work history, education, courses taught, and publications, as well as contact information for at least three professional references;
- Statement of teaching philosophy;
- Evidence of teaching excellence;
- Copies of transcript for highest degree held
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled
NOTE: Although copies of transcripts are acceptable for application purposes, all job offers are contingent upon verification of highest degree.
**Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.