The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Global Studies and Languages Section, invites applications for a full-time Lecturer in Spanish. This is a three-year appointment beginning July 1, 2019, with the possibility of indefinite renewals. This position includes full benefits. Responsibilities include teaching six language (undergraduate level) sections annually, developing innovative curricular materials for Spanish language instruction, student advising, and other program duties.
Candidates must have:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in either Spanish or related field such as Latin American Studies, teaching Spanish as a foreign language, second language acquisition, or applied linguistics;
- Native or near-native spoken and written proficiency in Spanish and English;
- A minimum of three consecutive years of teaching experience in a North American institution of higher education;
- A strong record of demonstrated excellence in teaching;
- A minimum of three years demonstrated interest and experience in language pedagogy, curriculum design and development of new instructional materials (print, audio, video or digital);
- A record of on-going professional engagement and development.
- Applicants should submit a letter of application, a CV, a sample syllabus, a sample of materials development (print or digital), and three letters of recommendation.
All materials should be submitted no later than October 12, 2018, via Academic Jobs Online:
Any questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.