Essential Duties: This position requires development and teaching of courses online.
Specific Duties: Teach two ethics courses in the fall and spring semester.
Minimum Qualifications (Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Master’s degree is required. Terminal degree is required for appointment as Assistant Professor, without the terminal degree candidate will be appointed as Instructor.
- Evidence of strong undergraduate teaching and experience teaching ethics and online courses.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate well and/or perform well in an interview or teaching demonstration and successfully complete the interview process.
- PhD in Philosophy is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience teaching introductory and upper division Ethics courses at an undergraduate level.
- Solid background in ethics.
Special Instructions for Applicants: Applicant must provide the name, email address, phone number for three professional references.
The successful candidate will also have to complete a background investigation as a condition of employment.
Position is dependent upon enrollment and funding.