Education, Minimum Training and Experience RequiredA Master’s degree in history or a related field required and a minimum of 18 hours of graduate history credit are required. At least 2 years of university teaching experience required.
Job ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach sections of world civilization
- Advise students in the History major
- Serve on committees, as assigned by the Department Chair and the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Attend faculty meetings, convocations, and commencements, and to participate in other official University functions when requested
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Department Chair, Dean of the College/School, or Provost
- Assist with providing leadership and counsel for the student organizations in the department