The Department of Modern Languages seeks applicants for a two year Instructor of Arabic position to begin in August 2019 (second year contingent upon funding). This grant-funded position will be located on WKU’s main campus in Bowling Green, KY. The position is a full-time instructorship, teaching up to 12 hours per semester of introductory and intermediate courses, including services related to instruction and program-building. In addition, this instructor will assist in the development of career-focused Arabic courses. This position is funded by the U.S. Department of Education grant. Continuation is dependent upon funding.
· Minimum of a Master’s degree in Arabic, Language Teaching or Second Language Acquisition or a related field
· Evidence of excellent teaching ability
· Experience with task-based, proficiency- oriented instruction aligned with ACTFL standards
· Experience developing Arabic courses and writing curricular materials
· Commitment to beginning and intermediate instruction
· Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
· Native or near native abilities in Arabic and English
· Demonstrate interest in or experience with serving a diverse student population
· Effective use of technology in instruction
· Interest in or experience in promoting Arabic programs
· Interest in or experience in developing career-related Arabic courses
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, age, uniformed services, veteran status, or physical or mental disability in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify the office of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services (EEO) at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
The following items must be submitted by visiting http://wku.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=105408