Instructor of English is a full-time, nine-month teaching position in the Department of English and Foreign Languages within the College of Education, Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach four (4) courses per semester in English Composition and/or World Literature–based upon your qualifications.
- Prepare class sessions and assignments to help students grasp course content and meet the overall course objectives and student learning outcomes.
- Create a learning environment that encourages student involvement and participation.
- Document students’ attendance, participation, and academic progress through graded assignments, essays, projects, quizzes and/or examinations.
- Maintain the required number of office hours per week.
- Participate in department, College and University meetings/committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements (including certifications, licenses, etc.):
- Master’s degree with 18 or more graduate semester hours in English from an accredited institution
- One to three years experience teaching writing and/or literature at the college level, highly preferred
- Experience in using online platforms in teaching (Blackboard, D2L, Web-CT)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing