- Assists adjunct faculty to maintain quality instruction consistent with the expectations and standards of the full-time faculty, the Humanities Division Chair, and the Vice President for Student Learning; interacts with adjuncts assigned by the Chair via e-mail or phone; reviews applications of adjunct faculty.
- Maintains an inventory of all assigned equipment and supplies in office and other assigned areas; takes prudent efforts to safeguard WWCC physical resources from unauthorized use. Maintains safe working conditions and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities)
1. Graduation from a regionally-accredited college or university with a Master’s Degree in English, Rhetoric, Composition or Creative Writing.
2. Two years of teaching experience at the college level substantiated by professional letters of recommendation from supervisors.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, technologies, principles and practices of the teaching of writing on the post-secondary level.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and administrators.
5. Ability to exercise sound judgment in all facets of the student-teacher relationship and to teach a diverse group of community college students.
6. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
For those who do not exactly meet all of the minimum qualifications, an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided comparable knowledge and abilities may be acceptable.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Abilities, Education and Experience)
1. Demonstrated teaching excellence at a community college.
2. Excellent teaching experience substantiated by student evaluations.