The candidate will teach both upper- and lower-level courses in all periods of United States history. The candidate will also be expected to teach in a new, interdisciplinary humanities sequence as part of the college’s general education program, as well as a similarly interdisciplinary honors program offered in London.
- The candidate should have their Ph.D. in hand by the time of appointment.
- The willingness to participate in creative interdisciplinary endeavors across the humanities and social sciences, as well as to contribute to the college’s growing program of summer online courses, is a plus.Preference will be given to candidates who can also teach Asian history, or possibly other non-Western history, such as that of Africa or South America
- Also required is ability to help students form respectful attitudes and interactions with people who differ in abilities, attitudes, and cultural experience, with sensitivity to factors that affect our own assessment of others.
- Other important qualities for this position include a commitment to excellence and creativity in undergraduate teaching, a mature Christian faith, and an ability to integrate Christian faith into their teaching.
- Houghton College is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Successful candidates will evidence similar commitments.
DEADLINE: Applications will be received until the position has been filled
Visit http://www.houghton.edu/campus/human-resources/employment/faculty-openings/ and follow the PROCEDURE FOR APPLICANTS. For more information about Houghton College, visit www.houghton.edu.
In addition, please include recent teaching evaluations, unofficial transcripts, and three letter of recommendation.
For questions related specifically to this position, please contact Professor Peter Meilaender, Chair of History and Political Science Department: email@example.com
Founded in 1883, Houghton College is a Christian liberal arts college in the Wesleyan tradition with an overall student body of 1,100 representing 40 states and Canadian providences and 25 foreign countries. US News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” Guide has ranked Houghton among the Tier 1 National Liberal Arts institutions. Additional information on Houghton College can be found at: www.houghton.edu.