Full-time (9-month) faculty position to teach English and related courses at all SFSC campus locations starting August 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides learning in the teaching discipline and related courses at various campuses and centers.
- Assists in curriculum development, creating learning activities and implementing assessment and planning.
- Works a basic work week of forty (40) hours which includes classroom instruction, office hours for student conferences, preparation/research and other professional activities.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, college-wide academic meetings, and official functions scheduled by the administration. Serves on college committees as assigned.
- Evaluates student learning outcomes and objective achievement, maintaining and reporting information as prescribed by college policies and procedures; supervises students and resolves classroom problems.
- Maintains appropriate credentials and current knowledge of developments and teaching strategies in the discipline/program areas taught. Participates in professional development activities including, but not limited to: workshops and conferences; membership in professional organizations; self-improvement course work and activities.
- Participates in and supports faculty and student activities. Maintains good relationships with community agencies and groups, participating when appropriate.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SFSC is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
- Educational: Master’s degree in English (or 18 graduate semester hours in English and a related Master’s degree) required; Doctorate preferred.
- Experiential: Post-secondary teaching and distance learning experience strongly preferred.
- Other: Reliable transportation for travel within the service district.
- Classification: Faculty
- Instructional Supervisor: Chair, Humanities department
- Posting Date: November 27, 2018
- Starting Salary: Master’s degree-$38,149-$42,727; Master’s + 30-$39,698-$44,462; Doctorate-$42,560-$47,667
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State College
ATTN: Human Resources Director
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please visit https://sfsc.interviewexchange.com