In accordance with the mission of a community college, English faculty at Glen Oaks Community College are expected to teach a range of courses. The annual faculty member will teach 29 credit hours per year. Faculty are expected to facilitate student learning by designing varied and engaging learning environments, developing and revising course curricula, integrating new technologies, embracing a multicultural environment and participating in academic and college committees and meetings as deemed appropriate.
The English Department at Glen Oaks Community College offers a wide range of courses. In addition to traditional classroom environments, the college provides online offerings, and faculty members are encouraged to design new delivery modes and explore innovative pedagogical methods.
- Master’s Degree in field, or a Master’s degree out of area with at least 18 graduate credit hours in field
- Successful teaching experience at the college level in the content area
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ability/disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff
HOW TO APPLY:
- Cover letter and resume
- Contact information for 3 professional references
- Unofficial transcripts of all higher education degrees
Please submit all required materials to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled, applications reviewed upon receipt.