The Faculty member will be responsible for teaching, advising, recruiting and outreach to the communities served by MCC. Instructional content assignment will focus on English, Literature, Humanities, Developmental English and college level English Language Learner courses, as appropriate. Faculty member is responsible for using teaching methods and media designed to reach students of varying educational and experiential backgrounds to allow each student the opportunity to master the objectives of the course. The new faculty member will be dynamic, creative and committed to teaching excellence, and have a passion for continuous improvement and assessment of student learning. Teaching assignments may include travel to area high schools to offer college courses to concurrent enrollment students. The use of a variety of instructional delivery methods (i.e. LMS, Webex, Zoom, etc.) will be required. The faculty member will also work with part-time instructors throughout the College’s service area to provide mentoring activities and help with the implementation of assessment strategies. The faculty member may be asked to teach one course in the summer semester for additional remuneration.
For information about MCC, see the college web site: www.morgancc.edu
- Master’s degree in English or related field with 18 graduate credits in English from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of two (2) years full-time or four (4) years of part-time teaching experience in English or related disciplines.
- Strong technological skills and experience in using MS Office suite.
- Must be willing and able to travel as required by position needs.
- Master’s degree in English from an accredited college or university.
- In addition to required master’s degree, hold a certificate in TESOL.
- Experience in teaching developmental English education courses.
- Experience teaching ELL courses.
- Full-time teaching experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated success in working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with distance education.
Anticipated Start Date: August 2018
Salary: Based on education, skills and experience. Benefits include health, life, dental insurance, LTD & benefit package in accordance with Colorado Community College and Occupational Education System policies. No relocation assistance is provided.
Application Procedures: Review of applications is ongoing and will remain open until filled. All applicants must use the following link to apply: https://morgancc.applicantpro.com/. All required documents can be uploaded using this link. Complete application packets include:
- Cover Letter responding to the position description and required qualifications
- Complete Resume
- MCC Employment Application: https://morgancc.applicantpro.com/
- Academic Transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable during the application process)
- Names and contact information of three recent job-related references who can address your expertise and background for this position
Incomplete application packets may not be considered.
Selection Procedure: Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to
the duties & responsibilities of the position. Final candidates will be invited to travel to the College, at
their own expense, to interview with the Screening Committee & college officials.