- Master’s Degree, or higher, in English composition or an appropriate related field
- Experience teaching English composition
- Ability to relate effectively to students from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds, learning orientations, and levels of preparation
- Ability to instruct in a lab setting and tutor in a lab or office setting
- Willing and able to teach late afternoon, evening and summer courses as needed
- Ability to work well within a departmental structure and with other faculty in the design and implementation of competency based curriculum and assessment protocols
- Computer literate with experience using computers for supplemental and mediated instruction
- Ability to teach Creative Writing and/or Technical Writing
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the community college philosophy
- Teach a variety of community college transfer and developmental composition courses.
- Teach a minimum of 32 adjusted load hours per year. Up to six adjusted load hours of overload may be required per semester.
- Maintain a minimum accountability week of 35 hours on campus, including five posted office hours, for teaching, advising, helping students, class preparation, consultation with colleagues, and other related activities.
- Teach late afternoon, evening, and summer courses as needed.
- Be responsible for updating course outlines and pre-and post-assessments and developing curriculum.
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned.
- Serve as a faculty advisor to students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants should send a letter of application addressing each of the required and preferred qualifications and describing experience related to the position responsibilities, a vita, transcripts (if copies are sent, official transcripts must be on file prior to the date of hire), a signed copy of the EAC application form, and a minimum of three written confidential letters of professional references, to:
Eastern Arizona College Human Resources
English Composition AP Position
615 N. Stadium Avenue
Thatcher, AZ 85552-0769
The submission of all required application materials for the screening committee’s review is the responsibility of the applicant.
Applicants must be prepared to interview at their own expense.
Compensation and Position Availability:
The initial position compensation range is $44,477 to $71,163 per academic year and current salary schedule plus a cash flex benefit. The position also includes excellent employee benefits. The anticipated position start date is August 12, 2019.