Full-time ESL Faculty – The Intensive English Language Institute at Divine Word College, Epworth, IA, is seeking a full-time ESL instructor who will help students achieve academic and professional goals through high-quality instruction in ESL and undergraduate study preparation. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach all skills across all levels of English proficiency up to 20 hours a week. The candidate will also need administrative skills to carry out committee work, research, special projects and his or her own professional development.
Master’s degree or higher in TESOL or Applied Linguistics from a regionally accredited institution by the official start date, August 2018
- Minimum of two years of IEP teaching experience with demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching
- Knowledge of the latest developments and best practices in ESL pedagogy with proof of
academic publications or regular attending and/or presenting at TESOL or related conferences over the last three years
- Knowledge of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) and the can-do statements at each CEFR level
- Strong computer and media literacy with experience in blended learning
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience in curriculum development and revision in intensive English programs
- Experience in or familiarity with the CEA accreditation procedures
- Availability to teach in summer
Deadline for Application: Screening of applications will begin on March 26, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Send cover letter, curriculum vita, statement of teaching philosophy, contact information for three professional references, and unofficial academic transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Divine Word College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.