The teaching load for this 9-month position is 21 credits per academic year. The balance of the workload will be administration including participation in curriculum development, program learning outcomes assessment, and hiring, evaluation, and supervision of adjunct faculty members. This position will also include Criminal Justice faculty oversight at the College’s branch site located in Normal, Il.
Required Education and Experience
- A doctorate in Criminal Justice, as well as at least five years of collegiate teaching experience.
- 2+ years of experience in research design, data collection and retrieval, and statistical analysis and reporting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will be passionate, creative, and will have a strong commitment to teaching in a learner-centered environment and assisting in enrollment growth initiatives for the Criminal Justice Program. The successful candidate will have the following:
- Evidence of successful teaching of diverse student populations;
- Experience teaching a variety of Criminal Justice courses;
- Experience with Criminal Justice curriculum and assessment of student learning outcomes;
- Experience with academic advising including the ability to provide academic and career advice to students; and,
- The ability to work well in a small, collegial environment.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
The evaluation of candidates begins October 29th.
Application Instructions: For full consideration, please complete and submit an application form ( https://lincolncollege.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Employment-Application-2018.pdf) and the following as e-mail attachments to Kristen Robinson, Director of HR & Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org: a cover letter addressing the expected qualifications in this announcement; a curriculum vitae; contact information, including e-mail addresses and phone numbers for at least three academic/professional references; and unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts will be required if offered the position).
Detailed information about Lincoln College is available at: http://www.lincolncollege.edu.
Lincoln College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.