Posting Number: 0600974
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: Law Enforcement
Oversees daily operations, instructs, and supervises classes in the Criminal Justice Department.
An earned Master’s degree in Criminal Justice or similar discipline from a regionally accredited institution, or an earned Master’s degree plus 18 graduate hours in Criminal Justice or similar discipline.
Specific Position Duties:
1. Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the teaching field;
2. Demonstrates willingness and ability to teach various courses, times, locations, and delivery methods, as needed and as reasonably requested by the college;
3. Utilizes appropriately challenging coursework to help students realize their full potential as learners;
4. Provides students with written expectations, e.g., syllabi, policies, assignment instructions, graded evaluations, etc.;
5. Administers tests which are appropriate to course content, including a comprehensive final exam measuring overall grasp of course objectives;
6. By various ways and means of instructing students, affirms the worth and dignity of all persons and the right of all persons to learn;
7. Maintains an appropriate learning and assessment climate in the classroom, whether traditional, web, or distance, which encourages the free exchange of ideas while defending academic honesty and objectivity;
8. Prepares adequately for class and arrives promptly at class meetings, labs, and any other scheduled instructional activities;
9. Delivers material in a clear and understandable manner;
10. Addresses student concerns, i.e., comments, questions, and input, both in class and via posted office hours, timely electronic communication, and other suitable means.
11. Effectively handles routine procedures necessary for the successful, day-to-day operation of the department as delegated by the department chair.
12. Submits required reports and schedules in a timely manner to the department chair.
13. Follows the chain of command when addressing division, department, and student concerns.
14. Maintains effective relationships with professional counterparts throughout the college and the community.
15. Works well with Advisory Committee utilizing community representatives in recruiting and other departmental needs as appropriate.
16. Maintains individual student advisement on degree plans and degree applications in order to comply with completion requirements.
17. Assists with recruiting, marketing, and outreach for department programs.
18. Actively participates in college functions and events, and engages in community service.
Varied according to schedule.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Salary calculations are based on complete application form. Include all work experience on application for inclusion in calculations.
Required Applicant Documents:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
Optional Applicant Documents:
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3