Visiting Full-Time Faculty One-Year Appointment with Benefits
Creative Writing Program/Liberal Arts Writing/Writing for Children
- To meet the needs of an expanding academic vision and a growing student body, Ringling College is seeking qualified candidates for a visiting full-time faculty position in Liberal Arts and Creative Writing (specializing in writing for children).
- This is a visiting full-time appointment with benefits for academic year 2018-19. Active participation with faculty and department meetings is required. The teaching responsibility is three courses or nine credits per semester and the service period is the academic year beginning the fall semester of 2018 through spring 2019. The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The anticipated start date is August 2018. Ringling College has a supportive, collegial faculty, a curriculum that strongly values excellence, and a robust support system dedicated to using the most current technology.
- Included among the Duties and Responsibilities of this position is teaching six courses per academic year from a menu of 3 Liberal Arts courses that may include first-year writing and/or other Liberal Arts writing electives as appropriate, and 3 courses to support the new Creative Writing BFA. These courses may include Writing Picture Books, Writing for Young Adults, Reading for Writers, and components of the three-course Story Fundamentals sequence.
(Minimum Qualifications) Include evidence of:
- A terminal degree in creative writing or similar advanced writing-related degree
- At least two years of experience teaching college-level creative and writing studio courses
- Significant creative writing in a range of reputable children’s periodicals and/or publication of at least one picture book with a major independent, university, or commercial press
- A repertoire of engaging teaching techniques that works with a variety of student learning styles
(Preferred Qualifications) Include evidence of:
- A commitment to collaborative teaching, outreach, scholarship, and service
- A demonstrated interest in art and design and in working in an art and design environment
- Experience working with a diverse student population, including ESL
(Special Instructions to Applicants)
Unofficial transcripts, cover letter including specific qualifications for the position, resume or CV, teaching philosophy and a 15- to 20-page creative writing sample (in one or more genres, including academic writing) are required. Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Candidates may be asked to submit additional materials, if needed. Review of applications will begin immediately.
General questions regarding the job application process may be emailed to email@example.com.