If you’re looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You’ll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Mastery: Personal Development and Leadership course allows students to map their own path toward achievement by providing a holistic understanding of success, personal motivation, resiliency, and intellectual commitment. Through historical and contemporary case studies that demonstrate a wide range of individual potential, graduate students will explore the strategies behind lifelong learning and personal fulfillment. Students will apply this insight to steer their personal and professional progress throughout their academic journey and beyond. Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time, on-campus in Winter Park, FL.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning by ensuring excellence in teaching skills and classroom content, student-centered focus, and assisting with curriculum to remain current and relevant to industry standards
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and feedback practices.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through effective assessment and feedback practices.
- Interact positively with students, treat students with respect, provide all students with equal opportunities for learning, and work with diverse student populations
- Provide timely, regular responses and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adhere to company attendance standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: May oversee associate course directors and lab specialists to ensure integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidates must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in leadership, business, psychology, anthropology, or a related field. Must have an earned doctorate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of various research methodologies, tools and processes
- Broad base of knowledge within the entertainment and media industries
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.