Provide leadership and direction for the College of Adult and Professional Studies’ (CAPS) Division of Liberal Arts. In conjunction with academic leaders of all divisions/schools in CAPS and Non-Residential programs, manage the development and maintenance of curricula, develop systems and structures to support the programs, and supervise faculty and staff for the delivery of all liberal arts related programs including General Education.
Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs in the College of Adult and Professional Studies
Ph.D. in one of the liberal arts is preferred. Candidates with a doctorate in Higher Education or related fields will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and provide vision for the Division, work collaboratively with the CAPS General Education Committee and coordinate curriculum development in collaboration with the division faculty.
- Supervise the full-time faculty and staff assigned to the Division, promote and advance research and service for full-time faculty, mentor full-time faculty on their professional development plans, oversee faculty on their assigned curriculum work, guide their rank advancement process, and perform their annual reviews.
- Provide academic oversight of the Liberal Arts offerings to ensure they are conducted in accordance with the academic policies of the School, College, University, and accrediting bodies.
- Serve as the point of contact, problem solver, and source of information for student and/or faculty on Liberal Arts curriculum issues identifying and solving curriculum issues early to create strong customer satisfaction with programs.
- Prepare and manage the Division’s budget with a focus on achieving revenue goals and minimizing expenses.
- Serve on School, College, ad hoc, and standing committees and councils as required. Attend all school meetings.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
IWU, in covenant with God’s reconciling work and in accordance with the Biblical principles in our historic Wesleyan tradition, commits to build a community that reflects Kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment for living, teaching and learning, which exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member’s earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement that exhibits Christ’s commandment to love all humankind.
- Clear track record of team-building and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated teaching abilities, particularly online.
- Demonstrated higher education experience.
- Demonstrated budget management experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft products.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer