The Program Director of the Master of Social Work program will work alongside University administration, including the Deans of the Becton College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and other members of the leadership team, to develop and launch the newly established program in social work. The director will also spearhead the accreditation for the program, working with the Council on Social Work Education to establish the parameters for accreditation and bring the school through this longitudinal process. This position includes responsibility for program administration (including facilitation of the online curriculum development and delivery), building a faculty and administrative team and teaching within the MSW program. The position is a tenure-track, 11 month appointment at the rank of associate professor or above.
1. A Masters of Social Work and earned doctorate in a related field
2. At least three years of experience teaching within a social work program.
3. Record of accomplishment in scholarship, teaching and/or service eligible for academic appointment at the rank of associate or full professor.
4. Evidence of leadership and innovation within the field of social work or a closely aligned discipline.
5. Experience with the social work accreditation process, including a familiarity with the self-study process, submission guidelines and timelines for accreditation.
6. Academic experience with skills and experience with instructional design and course development, especially for online teaching.
7. Ability to handle multiple priorities; excellent organizational skills.
8. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with faculty.
9. Familiarity with teaching and delivering contact using online modalities.
10. Ability to develop and maintain effective and constructive collaborative relationships with faculty and administration throughout the University.
11. Ability to handle multiple priorities; excellent organizational skills.
12. Ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
13. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.