Qualifications and Rank:
The College of Education, Health and Public Policy is looking for a professionally dynamic and visionary administrator to lead the Department of Social Work. All interested applicants should have an earned doctorate in Social Work or closely related field, however; must possess a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree. The successful candidate must have a strong record of successful experience in academic administration of social work and demonstrated evidence of a minimum of five years of effective teaching at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels in a Social Work program.
General Job Description:
The Chairperson position is a twelve-month contractual arrangement in which the individual is responsible for a 50% teaching load and for providing the leadership pertaining to:
- Student recruitment, advisement and retention strategies.
- The collection of data to manage and evaluate academic programs and to determine the need for curricula updates. Experience with accreditation is highly desirable
- Encouragement of faculty development.
- Oversight of the department’s budget, inventory and equipment.
- Procurement of external funds, e.g., grants, gifts, etc. (knowledge and success with external fund raising activities).
- Program recruitment and enrollment.
- Development of collaborations and partnerships with local and state governmental organizations, private and non-profit organizations and other community stakeholders.
Starting Date: The selection will occur immediately after a qualified pool of candidates have been approved and processed. Therefore, the start date will be within 30/60 days of a contract being offered.
- Letter of application and CV
- Three (3) references with full contact information
- Official transcripts
Applicants must complete the online application for full consideration. In addition, application materials shall be attached as a single pdf file to the on-line application and emailed to:
Dr. Jacqueline Washington
Associate Dean, College of Education, Health and Public Policy
Delaware State University
1200 N. DuPont Highway
Dover, DE 19901
Note: The University reserves the right to change or reassign job duties as provided in policy and negotiated agreements.