The Division of Language and Literature at Oklahoma Baptist University invites applications for an assistant or associate professor of English to serve as Chair of the Division. This full-time, tenure-track position begins in August 2017.
The Division of Language and Literature includes majors in Spanish, Multilingual Communication, English, English Education, and Creative Writing. Minors include German, French, Spanish, English, Professional Writing, Creative Writing, and TESOL. Most of the Division’s English faculty also teach in a sophomore Western Civilization program.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate commitment to the ideals of Christian Liberal Arts education and will be an active member of an evangelical congregation. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate a record of academic leadership and the ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and alumni. The Division is seeking a Chair who will work with faculty and administration to develop a vision for the future that builds on our existing strengths, is consistent with our rich Christian liberal arts tradition, and draws on the best of current and emerging pedagogical practices.
Preference will be given to candidates with a specialty in Victorian or later British, postcolonial, Native American, African American, or world literature.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead the Division in furthering the mission of OBU
- Ability to lead and coordinate academic programs offered by the Division
- Required: Ability and interest in teaching Composition and Rhetoric
- Strong commitment to undergraduate teaching
- Strong college-level teaching experience
- Willingness to pursue scholarly/creative activities
- Willingness to seek involvement in regional and/or national associations
- Ability to relate well with OBU colleagues and to represent the university with constituencies beyond OBU
- Willingness to advise students
- Willingness to actively recruit students
- Preferred: Ph.D in English with a specialty in Victorian or later British, postcolonial, Native American, African American, or world literature.
- Required: Ph.D in English
- Preferred: Experience in teaching English in an accredited evangelical college or university
- Required: At least five years of recent experience teaching English in an accredited college or University. Record of academic leadership
- Computers and projection equipment
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate commitment to the ideals of Christian.
- Liberal Arts education and will be a current active member of an evangelical congregation.
Applicants must submit a letter of application, and OBU Faculty application form: http://www.okbu.edu/businessaffairs/hr/forms.html , Statement of Faith, vita, three current letters of recommendation, and graduate transcripts. Review will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Scan completed application along with other requested materials and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.