The Department of Social Work at Fontbonne University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience and qualifications. An MSW with least five years of post-MSW practice experience is required; DSW or Ph.D. with at least five years of practice experience is preferred. Experience with rural social work practice is preferred. In addition to teaching, advising, professional development, and institutional service are required. Some travel to rural communities outside of St. Louis area is expected. Successful candidates must be committed to working within a multifaceted framework of diversity, and cultivate professional alternatives for combating stereotyping, discrimination, and oppression across age group, race, gender, class, religion, physical disability and sexual orientation.
Fontbonne University Social Work Program is student-centered, emphasizing quality instruction within the faith traditions of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet, the founders and sponsors of Fontbonne University. The Center Against Human Trafficking and Exploitation (CAHTE) is housed within the Department of Social Work. This position will have the opportunity to work with the Center and its projects within the community.
- Master of Social Work
- Five years of post-MSW clinical non-research practice
- Experience with the Council on Social Work Education Competency Based education
- Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion
- Doctor of Social Work or Ph.D. in Social Work
- Experience in and/or ability to serve in administrative roles, such as a program or center director or department chair