Marian University-Indianapolis, is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. Marian University has experienced tremendous success and growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings to meet the needs of its growing student population and community needs. Continuing it strong tradition of offering programs in health and education, MU plans to start offering a program in social work. The program will be housed in the College of Arts and Sciences and the program Director will report to the Dean of the college. We are seeking an energetic colleague with great leadership skills to fill a tenure-track assistant/associate professor position and lead the development of a BSW program with a potential of MSW program in the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit leadership interest and potential, promote academic excellence, actively participate in the life of the campus and help advance the institution.
- Provide vision and administrative leadership for the program.
- Lead the development of the curriculum with possible online component, and obtain HLC as well as CSWE accreditation.
- Work closely with the Associate Provost, the Dean, and enrolment staff to grow enrollment and secure field experiences for students.
- Teach courses at various levels in the program. A standard teaching load at Marian is 24 credit hours, a load release will be granted for administrative responsibilities.
- Be involved in service to the university and engaged in research and scholarship.
- Be a team player, embrace a student centered culture, and be a part of a dedicated team of faculty and staff with a positive demeanor.
- Mentor and advise students and supervise student research and internships.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings, campus events, intellectual discussions, fine arts performances, social events and sporting events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission and strategic vision of Marian University
- MSW from a CSWE accredited school of social work is required, an earned doctorate in social work or related field is preferred. Teaching and clinical experience in strongly desired. Experience with online course development and teaching is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of higher education, demonstrated teaching excellence and commitment to service and scholarship
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, collaborative, and able to work independently with colleagues throughout the university and in the community
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 38 national titles.
Marian University offers an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance and full Marian University undergraduate tuition benefits for employees and their family. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: letter of application, current CV with evidence of outstanding teaching and professional activities, names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered.