The Cedarville University Department of Social Work seeks a ranked full-time faculty member to teach across the generalist social work curriculum. Primary responsibilities include classroom teaching, student advising and a commitment to community service. The successful candidate will have a strong Christian commitment demonstrated by an ability to integrate a biblical worldview with the practice of social work.
This position is subject to the University’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval.
- M.S.W. from a C.S.W.E. accredited university/J.D. or Ph.D. in social work or closely related discipline highly preferred
- Two years of post M.S.W. experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Documented successful teaching/research/technical experience in traditional and online environments
- Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University’s doctrinal statement, community covenant and general work place standards
All official inquiries should be directed to Jennifer Cochran ( email@example.com, 937-766-7886), Director of Academic Human Resource Services. Position-specific inquiries should be directed to Dr. Michael Sherr ( firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the Department of Social Work.