Candidates for this position should evidence a strong commitment to servant leadership, and a willingness to fulfill the following general position description.
- Teach undergraduate coursework in history
- Teach general education history courses
- Meet with prospective students
- Share strategic growth responsibilities as related to history, social studies education, and pre-law programs
- Serve on departmental and university committees
- Serve as an academic advisor
- Other duties as assigned by the department chairperson and school dean
Educational Qualifications/Skills Required:
- Excellence in teaching
- Ability to mentor students
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An earned PhD in History or a related discipline
Educational Qualifications/Skills Preferred:
- Experience in higher education
- Master’s Degree in Political Science or related field
- Experience in secondary education
- Interest in developing Minor Programs in Political Science, American Government, and/or Pre-Law
Application: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position, send the following documentation to MNU Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information of at least three professional references
- Graduate transcripts
- Statement of Christian faith, including personal faith history and vision for integrating faith and learning
- Teaching philosophy
Statement of Faith; MidAmerica Nazarene University is an intentionally Christian Community and desires that all employees in positions of leadership reflect a foundational Christian position in word, attitude and action. While there is no predetermined length or format for the Personal Statement of Faith, the norm is a one or two page narrative document describing the applicant’s central Christian beliefs, significant formative influences in the applicant’s Christian experience (e.g., religious experiences of conversion or the affirmation of one’s faith, one’s family and/or home life, spiritual aspirations), and ways in which the applicant’s faith is being demonstrated in daily patterns and practices.
MidAmerica Nazarene University policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion,* age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected class in the recruitment and admission of students, in the hiring process, during employment, and in the operation of all university programs, activities, and services.
- Christian faith and employment at MidAmerica Nazarene University: MidAmerica Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Preferred candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the Wesleyan tradition.
Read the university’s full Non-Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement at www.mnu.edu/jobs.