The Department of Justice, Law and Public Safety Studies at Lewis University, invites applications for a full-time, tenure track faculty member who will also serve as department chair. This position is at the Assistant or Associate rank and will begin fall 2018. The Department of Justice Law and Public Safety Studies at Lewis University offers Undergraduate Programs in Criminal Justice, Forensic Criminal Investigation, and Paralegal Studies. It also offers M.S. degrees in Criminal Justice and Public Safety Administration.
Located 25 miles southwest of Chicago, Lewis University is a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition offering distinctive undergraduate and graduate programs to a growing and diverse student population. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis prepares intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected, and socially responsible graduates. The seventh largest private not-for-profit university in Illinois, Lewis has been nationally recognized by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report. Visit www.lewisu.edu for further information.
- Teach one course per semester in one of the degree programs offered by the department
- Promote academic qualify and support recruitment and retention of students
- Supervise instruction and advising, schedule classes, and respond to student concerns
- Coordinate assessment, program review, and curricular revision
- Formulate and manage the departmental budget
- Supervise and evaluate faculty, program directors, and staff in the department
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial interdisciplinary relationships with other departments and/or colleges and with external partners
Doctorate degree in Criminal Justice or directly related field. Prior teaching experience in higher education. Prior academic leadership experience as program director or department chair. Prior work experience in the criminal justice field.
How to Apply:
For a full description of the position and to apply visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2694
Lewis University is an increasingly dynamic institution. We offer competitive salaries and a complete comprehensive benefits package including generous health care and tuition reimbursement for self, spouse and qualifying dependents.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.