Salve Regina University, ranked among the best institutions of higher education in the United States by U.S. News & World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in scenic Newport, Rhode Island. Salve Regina offers challenging academic programs in a highly supportive environment and an innovative core curriculum that provides students with a solid foundation and broader perspective. The historic, 75-acre campus enrolls approximately 2,500 men and women and offers Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master’s degrees, the Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study, and two doctoral programs.
The Salve Regina University Social Work Department is seeking a Field Coordinator beginning in late August 2018. The candidate should be familiar with the CSWE 2015 Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards and field education as the profession’s “signature pedagogy.”
Primary responsibilities: (Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.)
- Teach practice (micro, mezzo, macro) related classes and other classes as needed (18 credits annually)
- Coordinate field placements for approximately 30 students
- Host an annual training for new field instructors
- Facilitate an annual student internship fair
- Recruit and open new field placements
- Oversee existing field placements
- Provide on-site agency visits each semester
- Advise majors in the Department
- Contribute to curriculum development and refinement
- Participate in Department co-curricular and extra-curricular programs and activities
- Understand and follow University policies
- Serve on University appointed and elected committees
- Provide service to Department, university and local community
The SRU Social Work program has been accredited by CSWE since 1984, boasts a national reputation for its excellence, and embraces a generalist curriculum with a special focus on women and children and the critical concerns of the Sisters of Mercy (earth, immigration, nonviolence, racism and women). In addition to a well-developed curriculum, the department faculty and students offer many co-curricular enrichment opportunities.
Salve Regina University, a mission driven institution, was founded by the Sisters of Mercy 1947. Salve Regina is located in Newport, Rhode Island. The city of Newport, also known as the city by the sea is diverse, and rich in history and culture. The beautiful campus winds along the famous Cliff Walk overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
- MSW from a CSWE accredited program
- PhD in Social Work
- Minimum of three years post MSW practice
- Teaching experience at the baccalaureate level
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission of the University and to the profession
Interested applicants should submit the listed information. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- Three professional references.
- Cover letter
- Statement of Practice Philosophy Inclusive of Field as the Signature Pedagogy of Social Work Education
- Statement Addressing Integration of Salve’s Mission into your Position as Field Coordinator and Instructor
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.