The Department of Humanities and Communication at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, Arizona invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position of Rhetoric and Composition at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful candidate must have a strong interest and ability to teach undergraduate students.
- Teach an academic course load of 12 credits per semester, including first-year writing, introductory rhetoric, and introductory humanities courses (with the potential to develop new courses).
- Collaborate with department faculty to conduct appropriate assessments of first-year writing and humanities courses; assist in implementing assessment-based refinements.
- Perform service and conduct research.
ERAU is an accredited, four-year, private, nonprofit university offering Bachelor and Master of Science degrees that are highly regarded in aviation, engineering, security, and related fields.Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition or a similar discipline completed by August 2018.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching composition courses.
- Evidence of scholarly potential.
- Expertise in composition pedagogy with secondary interests in professional writing, digital media, visual literacy, or related areas.
- Experience teaching first-year composition using innovative methods.
- Experience with effective assessment methods.
- Experience with various methods and means of instructional delivery.
To ensure full consideration, please apply by uploading 1) a letter of application, 2) a CV, and 3) the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications will begin after November 15thPrimary Location: United States-Arizona-Prescott
Job: Research and Academics
Education Level: Doctorate Degree Rhetoric