The Department of Political Science at Central Washington University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position to begin September 2019. The department seeks to hire an assistant professor to teach a broad range of classes in the department.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach classes, both in person and online, in public policy and will have expertise related to gender and sexuality. Experience or interest in teaching courses dealing with European politics, introduction to politics, and American politics would be welcome. The successful candidate will complement our current faculty.
We seek a dedicated and excellent teacher who is committed to diversity, equity and inclusivity. This individual will also be expected to have an active research agenda and contribute to the department and university through a variety of service activities.
- A Ph.D. in political science. ( Strong candidates who are nearing completion of the PhD will be considered, but preference will be given to those individuals who have a PhD already)
- Evidence of excellence in teaching
- An active research agenda
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusivity
- Experience teaching, both online and in person, at a college or university
- Experience working with a diverse student population
Pay, Benefits, & Work ScheduleSalary: Commensurate with education and experience
Appointment: Full-Time, Tenure-Track, 9 Month Appointment
Central Washington University is on the quarter system with appointments from mid-September through mid-June.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance.
Additional Information: For additional information about the University, visit: http://www.cwu.edu
For additional information about Ellensburg, visit : http://www.myellensburg.com
How To ApplyTo apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter explaining your interest and fit for the position, and detail how teaching, service and/or scholarship has supported students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in their academic fields (applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further CWU’s commitment to diversity) ;
- Curriculum Vitae including education, teaching experience, and publications;
- Contact information for three professional references;
- Statement of teaching philosophy;
- Statement of research agenda; and
- Copies of transcripts for the highest degree obtained.
NOTE: Although copies of transcripts are acceptable for application purposes, all job offers are contingent upon verification of highest degree.
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of EmploymentPrior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
The conditions of employment with Central Washington University are set forth in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Central Washington University and United Faculty of Central, University policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws.
The Collective Bargaining Agreement may be found here: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/ufc.