General Description/ Primary Purpose :
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in teaching introductory courses in comparative politics and international relations, along with one or more upper-division courses in human and international security (i.e., human trafficking, migration, conflict resolution, and post-conflict peacebuilding) and in regional areas (preferably Africa and/or East Asia). There are also opportunities to teach within the interdisciplinary Masters of Arts in International Affairs Program.
The candidate is also expected to have an active research agenda and engage in meaningful service.
Faculty Position Required Qualifications:
- Doctorate in Political Science, Government or related disciplines by August 2019.
- Demonstrate the potential for excellence in teaching and research.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records.
Applicants must attach the following required documents to be considered for this position.
- a letter of interest stating teaching interests and research plans
- a complete curriculum vitae
- unofficial graduate school transcripts*
- one sample of research and writing
- evidence of teaching effectiveness
- three current professional letters of recommendation (uploaded as one document)
- Official transcripts are required by the time of employment
If the applicant is unable to attach the letters of recommendation with the application, they can be emailed to: Americanpolitics@unf.edu
This position will be considered open until filled.
UNF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans & spouses of veterans, and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.