The Department of Political Science at Norfolk State University, NSU seeks applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor. The Department of Political Science seeks to provide instruction in such a manner that program graduates have the knowledge, critical thinking, analytical ability and communication skills needed to competitively pursue careers in their competence or continue their education in professional or graduate school. The Department of Political Science offers an undergraduate degree in Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
The successful candidate will:
1. Teach courses in Research Methods, Statistics and American Government.
2. Demonstrate excellence in teaching.
3. Demonstrate considerable aptitude in grant writing and research.
4. Maintain a continuous plan for curriculum development and review.
5. Use course evaluations from students and input from other faculty to improve instructional delivery.
For more information, candidates are encouraged to visit https://www.nsu.edu/liberal-arts/polisci/index.
- Review of applications and material will begin immediately and continue thereafter until a final candidate is selected.
1. Must posses a Ph.D in Political Science with a specialization in Research Methodology, Statistics and American Politics.
2. Provide evidence of teaching courses in Research Methods, Statistics and American Politics.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate to a diverse student-body audience, both verbally and in writing, with emphasis applied to a commitment to diversity.
4. Experience and commitment to excellence in teaching.
5. Demonstrated ability to identify and apply assessment tools and/or methods to determine if learning outcomes and curriculum alignment measurements were achieved, and identify areas for improvement.
SALARY: Commensurate with credentials and experience.
Interest applicants may apply by accessing the link below.