The William Paterson University of New Jersey invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor of Philosophy position in Political Philosophy to start September 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and teach a variety of required and specialized undergraduate and interdisciplinary courses, as well as courses supporting the University’s Core Curriculum program.
- Engaged service to the Philosophy major and to the department’s interdisciplinary program in Liberal Studies served in terms of student mentorship, advisement, curriculum development and assessment, programming, and other; service to college and university.
- Teaching and curriculum development in support of the interdisciplinary program in Liberal Studies.
- A robust research agenda advancing to impactful publications and presentations in quality academic venues.
- Earned Ph.D. in Philosophy with a focus on Political Philosophy by time of position start date.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate effective teaching experience, ongoing research potential, evidence of scholarship in Political Philosophy, and a proven commitment to service within and beyond the institution.
- Online, college-level teaching experience required.
- A research and teaching focus on Latin American, Latinx, and/or African American philosophy is preferred.
Invitation to apply:
Please click to apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
- Complete an application
- Submit a cover letter & CV
- Provide names/contacts of three professional references.
- Provide evidence of teaching effectiveness and a writing sample.
- Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
General questions related to this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About William Paterson University
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
The Philosophy Department is proud to serve our diverse student body through undergraduate degree programs in Philosophy and in Liberal Studies, and through minor options in Ethics, Philosophy, and Religious Studies. The department provides related courses in diverse areas of the University's Core Curriculum, including in options serving area requirements in Personal Well-being, Philosophical Perspectives, Diversity & Justice, Civic & Community Engagement, and Global Awareness. Several courses offered by the department support, as well, interdisciplinary major and minor programs in Africana World Studies, Asian Studies, Latin America & Latino Studies, Middle East Studies, Social Justice, and Women's & Gender Studies.