The Department of Spanish at the University of North Georgia is seeking applications for a tenure track position in Spanish at the rank of Assistant Professor. Teaching schedules will be primarily on the Gainesville campus but may include assignments on other campuses, evening or on-line classes
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach 4/4 in undergraduate Spanish language, culture, translation, and literature or linguistics courses
- Aadvise students; serve the department, the university and the community; and engage in scholarly activity.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- PhD (or the equivalent) in Spanish Literature, Spanish Linguistics or Foreign Language Education (Language Pedagogy) with an emphasis in Spanish at the time of appointment, or a closely related field
- Experience teaching Spanish at the university level in the United States or Canada
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English
- Ability to work collaboratively with all campus constituencies
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching Spanish and potential for excellence in service and scholarship
- Proficient at 21st century technology skills
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check.
Under “other” documents, please submit a Video Teaching Sample
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Information: Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.