Closing Date/Time: Fri. 12/01/17 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Probationary
Location: 1104 7th Ave South, Moorhead, Minnesota
- Teach 12 credits of courses each semester
- Fulfill other professional duties within the department and university
- Participate in programmatic and general education assessment
- PhD in Spanish by date of appointment
- Native or near native proficiency in Spanish
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively within the academic unit
- Strong commitment to teaching all levels of the undergraduate Spanish curriculum
- Experience teaching Spanish Grammar and Composition
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with persons of diverse backgrounds including sensitivity to their needs and concerns
- Demonstrated record of excellence in undergraduate teaching
* Preparation or experience teaching in at least two of the following areas: Literature, Culture & Civilization, Linguistics, Pedagogy
Application Information & Deadline:
Date of Appointment: 8/21/2018
Applications must include cover letter, C.V., names and contact information from 3 references, graduate transcripts, and copies of course/teaching evaluations if available. Applications received by December 1, 2017 will receive guaranteed consideration, though review will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please visit the following website: https://www.mnstate.edu/humanresources/employment/unclassified/
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of all academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
DIRECT QUESTIONS TO:
John W. Hall, Chair, Spanish Search Committee, MA 279, Minnesota State University Moorhead, Moorhead, MN 56563. Tel: 218-477-2916. Fax: 218-477-5983. E-mail: email@example.com