The Department of Social, Cultural, and Justice Studies at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a tenure-track position in Sociology beginning August 1, 2019.
Successful candidates will possess the following requirements:
- Ph.D. in Sociology or closely-related field. Individuals who are “all but dissertation (ABD) will be considered but must have completed doctorate before start date.
- Proven experience in fields such as community health disparities, gender, race, and/or social movements, and a commitment to public sociology. GIS ability is desirable.
- Demonstrated interest in community engagement, both in research and teaching and willingness to teach and conduct research in an interdisciplinary environment including sociology, criminal justice, anthropology, and geography.
- Ability to teach introductory/advanced courses in quantitative and qualitative research methods, and/or statistics, as well as area of research specialty.
- Candidates should also be willing to engage in a variety of instructional modalities, including online instruction, especially High Impact Educational Practices (HIEP), including undergraduate active and experiential learning.
- Willingness to engage in assisting the UTC campus in its ability to reach additional goals as specified in UTC’s Strategic Plan, including a demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Applicants should prepare to submit the following information within our online application system for consideration:
- Cover letter/letter of interest, including evidence of teaching experience, established record of scholarship, and external funding for research or community service
- CV, including up-to-date, personal contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Work samples of curricula including sample syllabi, teaching philosophy, etc.
- Additionally, candidates will need to include names, titles, and email addresses for three (3) references for confidential letters of recommendation to be requested.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the UTC Faculty Career Site by visiting: : https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/utc_faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=180000014Y&tz=GMT-04%3A00