The Brailsford College of Arts and Sciences at Prairie View A&M University invites applications for a tenure-track Social Work faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor, within the Division of Social Work, Behavioral and Political Sciences. Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to teaching four courses each semester, advising students, participating in curriculum and program development, serving on committees, and active engagement in research and publications. This appointment is anticipated to begin Fall semester, 2019, pending budgetary and administrative approval.
- Teach four courses, advise students, participate in curriculum and program development, serve on committees, actively engage in research and publications.
- Engage in student recruitment teaching, research and publishing, take on committee assignments at all levels of the University, and provide services to the community and the profession.
- Actively engage in scholarly activities aimed at publication, grant proposal writing, and paper presentations at professional conferences.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have an earned Doctorate (PhD/DSW) in Social Work. A Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a CSWE-accredited program is required.
- Track record of research and publications or strong potential in all areas of Social Work and Human Services.
- Must have at least two years post-MSW experiences in social work practice.
- Ability to teach across the BSW generalist program curriculum is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Must be committed to undergraduate generalist social work education and knowledge building through research and publications.
- Knowledge of the Social Work accreditation process with the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Job Posting Close Date:
- Open Until Filled
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.