UW-Superior is committed to making excellence inclusive in every aspect of the institution. Diversity, inclusion and equity are prioritized learning resources for all community members. We strive to offer quality programs in an environment of trust and cooperation that centers on the worth of all individuals. The University is seeking candidates who will contribute to the achievement of this goal.
Tenure track Assistant Professor of Social Work, Department of Human Behavior, Justice and Diversity
- Instruction of 12 credits or their equivalent per semester in social work field in any of the curriculum areas: H.B.S.E., policy, research, methods- practice, and field instruction
- Teaching in classroom, online and hybrid (combination) formats
- Student advisement
- Program development and maintenance
- Service to the University, including program, departmental and campus committee work
- Engagement in professional and public service
- Engagement in research and scholarly activity and continuing education
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- The Ph.D., D.S.W., Ed.D. or a doctorate from an accredited institution in a related discipline earned by August 26, 2019 AND an earned M.S.W. or M.S.S.W. from an accredited social work program with a minimum of two years post masters social work practice experience,
- OR an earned M.S.W. or M.S.S.W. from an accredited social work program and a minimum of five years of post-masters social work practice experience
- Post-secondary teaching experience
- Eligible for social work licensure in Wisconsin or Minnesota by August 26, 2019
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Willingness to engage in community partnership and program development.
- Demonstrated experience with social work practice with American Indians and diverse populations, with particular attention to issues of oppression and social justice.
- Familiarity with the generalist, ecological/systems and ethnic-sensitive models of social work practice.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to teach in as many as possible of the four additional areas of the social work curriculum (H.B.S.E., policy, research, and methods/practice).
- Experience in teaching three courses at an accredited post-secondary education institution
- Experience teaching or learning in an online environment
- Experience with field instruction and/or agency supervision.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission and to quality teaching and learning methods. Willingness and interest in utilizing technology in the classroom strongly preferred. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. Candidates that incorporate issues of inclusive excellence and diversity within their curriculum are especially encouraged to apply.
UW-S offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance coverage for domestic partners and their eligible dependents.
August 26, 2019
For additional information visit www.uwsuper.edu or contact Lynn Goerdt, Associate Professor of Social Work at (715) 394-8158.
Review of all complete applications will continue until the position is filled.
Please apply online at UW-Careers (http://www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment/career-gateway.cfm) and submit your application packet that is:
- Cover Letter (explicitly addressing required and desired criteria)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three Professional References (one of which must be related to your teaching experience)
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees obtained
- Teaching Philosophy and Statement on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Internal applicants: select the internal applicant link. Registration for account not required.
External applicants: select the external applicant link and register for an account:
How to Register for a UW-Careers Account:
- To register for a UW-Careers account, click on the click here to Register link to create your user name and password.
- Search for the #19-24 Assistant Professor of Social Work in the Department of Human Behavior, Justice and Diversity position and click on the Apply Now button to submit a resume.
- At this time, you will be asked to complete your profile. Please select Save to continue the application process.
- To submit your letter of application, unofficial transcripts, etc., you must add the document as an attachment by clicking on the Add Attachment link below the Cover Letters and Attachments box.
- Clicking on the Next link, please complete the required Online Questionnaire.
- After the Online Questionnaire has been completed, click Next again to provide contact information for three professional references, if required, in the References section by selecting the Add Reference link.
- Once reference information has been listed, click on Next to complete the How did you find out about the position? section of the application process.
- Once you have completed all sections, click on the Save button and then Submit button to submit your materials.
- At any time you may select the Save button to save your progress. When you have submitted your application, ability to change materials submitted will not be available.
If you have questions in regards to the hiring process, please contact Dr. Lynn Goerdt at (715) 394-8158 or by email at email@example.com.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/2RLFHcI