The University of Bridgeport, College of Arts & Science is seeking a Tenure-Track, Assistant Professor of Political Science to commence in fall 2019. Responsibilities will include teaching, establishing research that involves undergraduate students, advising and service to the department. Required course load is 12 credits per semester.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching a wide variety of introductory and upper division courses in the major, teach a First Year Seminar for the university’s First Year Seminar program, and advise students in the Political Science and International Political Economy and Diplomacy majors.
- Assessing student learning outcomes.
- Maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of his/her regular teaching field as well as current teaching technology.
- Assisting with curriculum development and articulation as a fully contributing member of the Political Science program.
- Student advising and mentoring.
- Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
We invite applications from candidates that have demonstrated strong commitment to teaching undergraduate courses to students with different cultural and economic backgrounds, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have an earned Ph.D. in hand at time of appointment (August 2019).
- Must have an active research and publication agenda and be willing to take on leadership and service roles to grow the major and support the needs of our students at the College and the University.
- Must have experience and an excellent record of teaching the following undergraduate introductory political science courses: Introduction to Political Science, Comparative Politics, International Politics, and American Politics with evidence of using inclusive pedagogical approaches.
- Experience in teaching International Political Economy courses is desirable
The University of Bridgeport is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, see https://jobs.bridgeport.edu/