The Department of History at Wiley College is seeking to hire an Assistant or Associate Professor of History. Primary responsibilities include teaching introductory American History surveys, a sophomore level course on the African-American Experience, and upper division courses in African-American and international (non-Western) history. A doctorate in History is preferred. Advanced ABD candidates will be considered so long as degree requirements are completed prior to the start of employment. The successful candidate will have excellent teaching ability, a strong commitment to teaching in an ethnically diverse environment, and operational knowledge of office and educational technology. Duties include:
- balancing teaching, research, and office hours to promote peer and student interactions in support of the mission and vision of the College;
- participating actively in assessment activities for program effectiveness as well as in student activities;
- serving on committees of the College as assigned;
- engaging in scholarly activities, including procurement of teaching and research grants;
- participating in student recruitment and the promotion of the social sciences both in and outside Wiley College;
- academic advisement to assigned students, including the development and monitoring of their degree plans;
- assisting students with career counseling, including preparing them for internships, graduate studies, or state teaching certifications; and
- performing other duties assigned by the Lead Professor, Dean, or the Provost.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest, C.V., graduate transcripts, an application for employment (available at http://www.wileyc.edu/hr), and three (3) letters of recommendation to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.