POSITION DESCRIPTION: Full-time, tenure-track position
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A doctorate or an individual at ABD status who is within one year of completing their degree in History.
- Ph.D. in History with an emphasis on Latin American history and U.S. history.
- Interest in teaching on-campus courses, as well as the university’s innovative virtual program.
- Evidence of teaching experience, or the potential to be a strong educator.
- Evidence of service to the discipline, or potential to engage in service at the departmental, university, and community levels.
- Evidence of either scholarly achievement or the potential for scholarly achievement.
RANK: Assistant Professor
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 9, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin after the deadline and continue until the position is filled.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
BENEFITS: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to quality teaching, advising, and service to the field. Applicants will teach a 4/4 course load with courses in both the traditional classroom as well as virtually. The ideal applicant will be able to provide instruction at the undergraduate and graduate level and maintain an active service contribution to the department, university, local community, and discipline at large. The focus in teaching will be on Latin American history, U.S. history, U.S. surveys, and world history surveys. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate an active scholarly agenda.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS Applicants should submit a cover letter, current vitae, unofficial transcripts, a statement of teaching philosophy, a research agenda, and names and contact information for three references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted. All the required documents should be submitted as one pdf file.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Dr. David Goodlett, Chair, Dept. of History