The Cedarville University Department of English, Literature, and Modern Languages invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position teaching composition, introductory literature courses, and creative writing. In particular, we seek a specialist in teaching poetry writing. MFA or Ph.D. in creative writing preferred. Expectations include academic advising, professional development, scholarly activity in the field, university service, and a formal paper on the Biblical integration of faith, learning, and teaching. Friendly, supportive, motivated department. We place a high priority on integrity, collegiality, and rigor in the classroom.
This position is subject to the University’s verification of credentials along with other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval.
- Ph.D. or MFA preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Documented successful teaching experience
- Committed to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University’s doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards
All official inquiries should be directed to John Davis ( email@example.com, 937-766-7418), Director of Academic Human Resource Services. Specific questions related to the position should be directed to Dr. Melissa Faulkner ( firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair, Department of English, Literature and Modern Languages.
Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer